Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sunday, June 1, 2014

I'm still feeling good overall, and grateful to be!  I have a cough I'm fighting with, which I'm irritated about.  I've been fighting it since March, and it just keeps hanging on.  I'm trying hard to get rid of it, because when my immunity dips really low, that little irritating cough could become a big deal.  But, that cough seems to like me, and it's not volunteering to leave.  Last night I slept with an onion/garlic poultice on my chest . . . I'm trying all the old remedies I can think of.  I'm trying to be careful about taking stuff internally because I already have such a raft of meds.  I guess I'll just keep working on it . . . and I'll try to keep from getting that little puke bug that my kids have had . . .

I started "wig shopping" the other day, and made a discovery.  I have always suspected that I was "hard to fit" head to toe, and now I know for sure . . . I AM!  My body (even my feet, and even when I was younger and skinnier) failed to read the size charts.  And my head is no different.  I might get a wig . . . I might not--we will see if I can find one I like, in a color I like, that fits me.  So far, that hasn't gone as smoothly as I had hoped.  And we will see if I like wigs in the first place . . . I'm guessing I probably won't, but you never know until you try.  I hadn't planned on getting one, thinking that it might not be my cup of tea, but have been advised by a few people to have one bought and waiting so that when my hair falls out, I'm prepared . . . just in case I decide bald isn't quite as beautiful as I had thought it would be.

I think my preferred head covering will be scarfs, skullcaps, etc.  My sister-in-law is amazing--she can sew anything.  I asked her to make me several head coverings, and she has been busily sewing ever since.  I love them!  She has made a variety of colors, styles, etc.  I can't say I'm excited for my hair to fall out, but I'm excited to try all the cute things she has made for me.  Wearing stuff on my head is going to be an adjustment; I never even wear hats or any kinds of hair things now (except a ponytail.)  I really appreciate her for taking the time to sew, and sew, and sew, and sew for me.  I don't know what I would have done without her.  I guess I would just be FRANTIC about trying to find a wig I like that fits.

My hubby has taken it upon himself to "test" the strength of my roots daily.  So far it's hanging on, but it will probably fall out this week.  I've been told by several sources that once it starts to go, it goes fast.  I have been taking full advantage of this opportunity by not shaving my legs or pits for a very, very long time.  I plan to "shave" (rub briskly) once the fateful day comes--they, ahem, need it.

Oh, what an adventure this all is!  Not one I would have chosen, and I hope I never get to do it again, but it sure has made life full of interesting new adventures!  If you ever have the good fortune of being bored, don't gripe about it!  :-)


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting. Good to hear how it's going. We fasted for you today.:) And you're close in our hearts even though we're many miles apart.

    ReplyDelete