Saturday, June 21, 2014

Sat. June 21, 2014
I figured something out this morning.  Emotionally, I did a lot better with the first cycle than the second, and the only reason I can think of is that I had taken time to mentally prepare.  I think the reason I had a harder time emotionally this time around was because I didn't prepare adequately.  The first time, I had no idea what to expect, so I hoped for the best and expected the worst.  The second cycle, I knew what to expect, and wasn't looking forward to it so I just refused to think about it.  Yeah, that didn't work very well.

So, I'm hoping that between now and the next cycle, in addition to doing things that will make me smile, and preparing physically, I can think through things so I am prepared mentally for a week of not feeling well.  I'm not sure quite how to do that, but I am going to be trying to figure it out.

Today was a great day!  It was warm and sunny, and we did some fun things as a family.  Went to a baptism in the morning, then took the kids down to the airport for Young Eagles (they gave kids 8 and up a free 15-20 min. flight---the kids loved it!), and the family went to a movie in the afternoon.  It was nice to just have fun for a while.  It seems weird for me to say that.  I'm not really a fun person, but today it felt great to just forget it all and have a good time.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I appreciate you and your love and support! Love ya!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete