Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I've mostly made it through the second chemo cycle.  Still feeling a little icky, but starting to come out of it.  And I'm losing more hair.  We just buzzed it before, but now I'm losing little pieces everywhere.  So, my sister and brother made the work of art you see above with duct tape.  :-)  I think it's funny!  In a few minutes, we will probably shave it the rest of the way because it's annoying to find little hairs in your food and everywhere else.  Just saying.

This time, the reality of 6 treatments is getting to me.  It seems like such a long road.  I just have to keep reminding myself (over and over) to just get through today, and NOT to worry about anything beyond that.  I think about people who do maintenance chemo and wonder how they do it mentally.  They are tough, that's all I can say.

I don't have anything profound to tell . . . we're just taking this a day at a time at this point!  Slow and steady wins the race, right?


3 comments:

  1. Love what they did with the duct tape!!!! Love your fun personality. Hang in there. We pray for you every day, and are sending lots of love and hugs!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know the prayers are the reason I am at peace. Thanks so much for your love and support! :-)

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I know the prayers are the reason I am at peace. Thanks so much for your love and support! :-)

      Delete