Monday, June 9, 2014

Monday, June 9, 2014

I really should get something done; I have so much that I need to do to prepare for being out of commission for a few days.  But, I'm procrastinating.  :-(

That little cold bug really got me this weekend!  My son just turned 8 and was baptized on Saturday.  I felt so awful--I was just trying to make it through the day.  I did not ponder the sacredness of the occasion--I was too miserable.  So, I'm thinking about that today!  ;-)  The good news is that I am feeling much better now.  I have another treatment scheduled for this week, and I'm hoping that my body will heal enough to be able to have that treatment as scheduled.  I'm still eating lots of garlic and onion, and diffusing essential oils in the air, and rubbing them on various parts of my body, etc.  I'm just trying my best to give my body everything I can to help it fight the bug.

I realized something (again), though.  All last week, I found myself fretting and fretting about this cold.  Not that the cold is that big of a deal--it's just miserable.  But I was worrying because I didn't want to have to postpone the chemo because of the cold, nor did I want to have the chemo WITH the cold, because I was worried about what might happen when my immunity hits its' low point if I wasn't well when I had the treatment.  I had done everything I could think of to do.  I did have a blessing.  I had been praying that I would be able to get well, and that I would know if there was anything else I could do to help my body fight it.  I had tried every home remedy I knew of that I thought would be safe.  I was fretting because that cold was still hanging on in spite of my best efforts to get rid of it.  I realized I was doing it again . . . not leaving it in the Lord's hands.  Since then, I have been trying to "let go" and leave it in Heavenly Father's hands.  I'm still trying to do all in my power, of course, but I realized that this is a lesson He wants me to learn . . . how to let go of it after I've done all I can.  I just try to remind myself to let it go and trust Him when I find myself fretting about it.  I'm hoping I will feel much, much better by Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment