Friday, October 3, 2014

Friday, October 3rd
So, I have literally 1 minute to write, so it's gonna be quick.

The break is over!  This week I've been going to the Dr. to get radiation set up, getting CT scans, having them draw all over my chest with a Sharpie, etc.  The process is actually pretty fascinating.  They use the CT scans to re-create my body on the computer, in order to find the best angles, etc. to zap me with radiation.  (I NEVER want to see that virtual re-creation . . . what a nightmare!)  When I had the scans they had me lay in this bean-baggy thing, and then they removed air to get it to mold around my body; this ensures that each time I have radiation, I will be in the EXACT same position as the first time so they can hit the right spots.

This is going to be hard---I will have a total of about 2 1/2 - 3 hours of travel time every day, Monday through Friday for a procedure that takes 10 minutes---30 minutes if you count checking in and changing into and out of a gown.  But, this is one area where we really don't have much of a choice, so we will just do it.  And pray for a nice fall and good roads!

One thing I realized, though.  I will have the opportunity to see some beauty along the way.  Yesterday I was driving, and saw the most beautiful scene--would have taken a picture if I'd had a better camera than my phone and hadn't been in a hurry.  I plan to enjoy the scenery of the changing seasons as I make the daily trek---kind of a "stop and smell the roses" thing.

Well, I used more time than I had, so now I'm late.  Gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment