Thursday, January 8, 2015

Thurs. Jan. 8, 2015

Well, the New Year didn't start out quite as I had hoped . . . on New Year's Day, in the afternoon, my youngest child got sick.  The rest of us followed right after, except my daughter, who has eaten literally more than a case of oranges in the last 2 weeks.  I took my little guy to the Dr., and he has RSV, which means that we all have RSV, too.  This one has even hit the adults hard; actually my kids have done better than we adults have!  As of today, we are all finally better enough to be up and around.

I've been so sick the last couple of days that I have slept the whole day.  It has been miserable, but today I've only taken one nap so far, and I feel a little better.  :-)

One other thing occurred to me . . . it was one of those things I understood in my heart rather than my head when it dawned on me.  Heavenly Father allows us to have these experiences to prepare us for future difficulties.  The "last days" are prophesied to be difficult---He needs people who are prepared and qualified.  Just as a coach has to prepare his/her team for competition by practicing the sport and taking care of themselves physically and mentally, we have to "practice" hard things so we are tough enough to handle whatever the future will hold.  So put on your seatbelts, folks, we are going for a ride!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Ugh! That's not fun! We all got sick around New Years too! I'm sorry you all got sick! Hope you all get feeling better soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were all sick too. My youngest has been introduced to RSV and likely has it right now. I hope you all recover soon. No fun.

    ReplyDelete